English | Spanish
Updates — As of 3/9/17
This toolkit provides videos, flyers, presentations, and handouts about Oregon Promise.
Oregon Promise Webinar: How to Support Your Students
Register for a session:
- March 27, 2017 at 10-11am PDT
- April 3, 2017 at 10-11am PDT
A webinar for community college advisors, high school teachers, counselors and other student support staff. Learn the ins and outs of Oregon Promise: how students apply for or renew an award, how awards are calculated, and more. A recording of the session will be posted after the webinar.
View Recorded Webinar 3/22/2017
- Renewal information for 2016-17 recipients is available as of January 31, 2017.
- Funding for Oregon Promise for the 2017-18 academic year is subject to Oregon Legislative
approval. More information will be available in July 2017.
What is Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise is a state grant that covers most tuition at any Oregon community college forrecent high school graduates and GED® recipients.
Funding for Oregon Promise for the 2017-2018 academic year is subject to Oregon Legislative approval.
Check out this Handout and FAQ!
Who is eligible?
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- Complete an Oregon Promise Grant Application by the appropriate deadline
- Be a recent Oregon high school graduate or GED recipient
- Document a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or higher; or a GED score of 145 or higher on each test
- Plan to attend at least half-time at an Oregon community college within 6 months of high school graduation or GED completion
- Be an Oregon resident for at least 12 months prior to attendance
- Have filed a FAFSA or ORSAA application and listed at least one Oregon community college
- Must not have more than 90 college credits completed or attempted
When can I apply?
|Term you plan to start at an Oregon community college
Funding subject to legislative approval
|Must graduate high school between the following dates
|July 1, 2016 to December 1, 2016 |
|October 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017 |March 1, 2017 to August 1, 2017
|Deadline for Application
|December 1, 2016 |
|March 6, 2017 |July 3, 2017 5pm1
|Deadline to verify your GPA3
|December 1, 2016 |
|March 6, 2017 |July 3, 20171
|Deadline for FAFSA or ORSAA
|File the 2016-17 FAFSA December 9, 2016 |
|File the 2016-17 FAFSA March 13, 2017 |File the 2017-18 FAFSA
July 14, 2017
1 Dates were updated in March 2017.
2 Students who submit their application by April 1 will be notified by May 1 if their application is complete.
3 Verify GPA through section 5 of the Oregon Promise application.
How do I apply?
- Create an account in the OSAC Student Portal
- Complete Oregon Promise Application in OSAC Student Portal by the deadline (see above).
- Verify your GPA or GED score. Follow instructions in OSAC Student Portal.
- Complete the FAFSA or ORSAA, starting October 1.
- List at least one Oregon community college.
- Determine if you should complete the ORSAA by using the ORSAA Pre-Filter.
How will I be notified if I'm awarded?
You should frequently check your award status in the OSAC Student Portal. OSAC will also notify you by email once you have been awarded.
I am a current Oregon Promise recipient - how do I renew my award and remain eligible?
See all details on the information for recipients page.
Download the Oregon Promise Handout 2016-17: English | Spanish